Weber Packaging Solutions just released the BestCode Model 81 ink jet system. This new coder is perfect for small to medium businesses that require Best By, Lot Code, or Expiration Codes on their products without the normally higher costs associated.
The Model 81, on sale at the show for only $4995.00, is a simple, entry-level continuous ink jet system that has most of the advanced features of other BestCode systems but at a price point that easily allows start-ups to add coding to their production lines.
A typical application for the Model 81 is marking or coding for one shift per day, five days a week, averaging 2,000 hours annually. The system is simplified, making it easy for anyone to operate. It minimizes operator touches and extends time between human interaction.
• Prints one or two lines of text, graphics or bar codes at up to 600 feet/minute
• Image height from 0.10” (2mm) to 0.50” (12mm)
• Non-contact printing from 0.5” (12mm) up to 2.0” (50mm)
• Cleanstart™ automatically cleans printhead, eliminating daily and weekly cleanings
• BestCode standard 10.4” color touch screen with large intuitive buttons and status indicators
• OneTouch™ single-step operator functions reduce operator steps
• Large volume ink tanks extend time between fluid additions to weeks or months
• On-the-fly external ink filling accomplished in less than a minute with no waste
• AutoOff™ Go Home button eliminates end-of-day manual shut down routines