5300 Swing-Tamp Pallet Label Printer Applicator
Weber has designed and engineered a unique label printing and application solution that features flexibility, quality and efficiency in addressing the needs of tire manufacturers.
5300 tire labeling systemWeber's Model 5300 Tire Labeling System quickly and consistently prints and applies perfectly positioned labels to the surface of tires. It optimizes the product identification process to provide a positive impression on consumers, thanks to accurate label placement that ensures strong brand impact.
The system prints top-quality labels with very high-resolution text, bar codes and/or graphic images. And the durable construction of this unique labeling solution makes it suitable for use in the challenging environment of the tire industry.
Tires can be properly labeled, even amid changing product identification requirements and variable products and information can be accommodated without wasting labels. The Model 5300 Tire Labeling System is versatile enough to communicate via existing data controllers or interfaces.
Special Labels for the Tire Industry
The unique manufacturing conditions and the required separating agents used in tire production play a vital role in the selection of the proper label material and adhesive.
Tire manufacturing environments are dusty; newly-produced tires are still hot; and separating agents complicate label adhesion. Those are the reasons why Weber offers special labels with properties that do not affect the quality of the tire, yet exhibit excellent adhesive qualities.
• A special, modified composition of adhesive combines good initial tack and final adhesion with optimal label dispensing properties – without adhesive discharge.
• A particularly resilient label facestock was selected to ensure that the labels on the tires resist damage and abrasion during transportation and storage.
• To ensure that the printed information withstands extreme conditions, a special thermal-transfer foil is available for subsequent printing of varying label content. The printing on the label is wear and weather resistant and will not fade.
Special Features & Options
The Model 5300 tire print apply system includes a number of noteworthy features that add to the operational versatility of this printer-applicator.
Model 5300 controller
• Browser-based monitoring. The status of all operational functions and configurations can be monitored by logging on to a web page that is unique to each Model 5300 unit.
• Numerous I/O's. The system can be interfaced with many types of external devices.
• One-to-one media consumption. Special label unwind and rewind dimensions are matched to the system's ribbon supply to ensure they are consumed at the same rate, reducing downtime and eliminating partial changeovers.
• Print job storage. Multiple label printing formats can be stored in the system's memory, making it easier for an operator to select a job directly from the applicator instead of downloading a computer file.
The Model 5300 tire print apply boasts numerous additional features as well, including an upgradeable microprocessor controller, various inputs/outputs, plus durable construction that will withstand harsh industrial environments.
There also are several optional enhancements that can increase the system's functionality. A product height sensor, for example, enables the printer-applicator to label items of varying heights delivered by the same conveyor.
Other options include a 15-foot umbilical connection that enables the remote location of the unit's controller; an adjustable stand for optimum system orientation; label-on-pad and product-presence sensors; plus beacon light alerts to signal the status of label and ribbon supplies.